Try our NEW EKG Coming this August 2019
Have you taken our phlebotomy 80-hour class? If you have, you can take the EKG class for $400. That’s $200 off the regular price.
This workshop is 60 hours in length and costs $600. The fee includes all supplies, training materials and your exam fees. Check out the schedule or the flyers at the bottom of the page for class dates, times and locations. Call to register, or stop by one of our offices. A $100 deposit will hold your spot in the class, with the $500 balance due the day of the class.
Classes must have a minimum of 6 students, and are subject to being cancelled if this minimum is not met.
High School diploma or GED:
You must be a United States high school graduate or hold equivalent credentials (e.g. GED) to take this course.
What will be covered in the class?
- Label the major components of the cardiac conduction system
- Label the chambers and valves of the heart.
- List at least 6 indications for cardiac monitoring
- Compare and contrast EKG monitoring and 12-lead EKG
- Apply electrodes and obtain a rhythm tracing
- Apply electrodes and obtain 12-lead ECG
- Indentify the P wave, QRS complex, and T wave on a given EKG tracing
- Calculate the ventricular rate from a given EKG tracing
- Measure PRI, QRS duration, QT interval, and R-R interval on given ECG tracings.
- Identify normal limits of PRI, QRS duration, and QT interval.
- Recognize lethal rhythms (asystole, V-fib, and V-tach) from a cardiac monitor screen and/or paper tracing.
- Differentiate artifact from V-fib in a clinical scenario.
- Discuss the effects of axis deviation on an ECG.
- Explain the role and responsibilities of a monitor technician.
When and where will the workshops be offered?
Check out the flyer for your area below. Each workshop is 61 hours in length. The class sizes are small and do fill up quickly, so the date you want might not be available. Call us and verify the class date is available before enrolling on-line.
Why take the class?
- Will receive nationally accredited EKG certification upon successful completion of exam
- Only $600
- Excellent preparatory work for RN, LPN or Paramedic programs.
- Includes 16 hours clinical experience
- Exam on site
Where can you work?
- Health Clinics
- Research Clinics
- Nursing Homes
The book is not included in the class fee. Feel free to purchase a used or electronic version.
Fast & Easy ECGs A Self-Paced Learning Program Dysrhythmias and 12-Lead Analysis and Recognition, 2nd Edition
By Bruce Shade
Published by McGraw-Hill 2013