Next class begins September 6, 2018. Deadline for application is August 31.
For class dates, see schedule below
This class is offered in only Gainesville.
This course is open:
- To nursing candidates who have not taken the NCLEX exam within six months of graduating from an approved course..
- To nursing candidates who want a Review Course to bolster their confidence prior to taking the NCLEX-RN exam
This intensive course was developed for both LPNs and RNs and consists of 90 classroom hours over 13 class days.
The Nursing Preparatory Course is a theory experience designed to assist the student in applying the nursing process and other essential skills to the care of clients experiencing common health alterations. The course focuses on the nurse attempting to pass the NCLEX.
The purpose of this course is to assist nurses to pass the NCLEX examination and refresh nursing skills.
In order to receive a certificate of completion for the didactic portion of the course a student must achieve a passing score of at least 80% on at least one of three offered NCLEX exams and pass a Math exam with at least 90%.
Classes must have a minimum of 6 students, and are subject to being cancelled if this minimum is not met.
The course is 9 weeks in length. The classes are always on Thursdays and/or Fridays. Click on the schedule link to see the exact times.
Classroom hours are always held in the Express Training Services location.
The cost for the entire course in $1295. A $100 deposit will reserve your seat in the class, with the balance due the first day of class. Any fee paid, regardless of amount is non-refundable.
These costs do not include books.
All requirements (below) are due when registering. They can be brought in person, faxed to 352-240-1530, or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot register you and accept a payment until all of the requirements are in.
- Express Training Services “RN/LPN Preparatory NCLEX Course Enrollment Agreement” filled out in its entirety. See below for link. Students under 18 years of age must have enrollment agreement signed by parent/guardian.
- Copy of your valid driver’s license or other government issued ID.
- The following are the books and links for the Remedial Class. You can get the books anywhere, but using the coupon link can get them cheaper on the Elsevier site.RN:Print: 9780323358514 List price: $66.95 After coupon: $50.21 https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/product/9780323358514?role=facultyEbook <instant access> 9780323391313 List price: $66.95 After coupon: $50.21 https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/product/9780323391313?role=facultyHESI Saunders Online Review <instant access>9780323297363 lIst price: $110.00EAQ-RN9780323429139 list price: $119.00
Print: 9780323289313 List price: $56.95 After coupon: $42.71 https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/product/9780323289313?role=faculty
Ebook <instant access> 9780323289320 List price: $56.95 After coupon: $42.71 https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/product/9780323289320?role=faculty
HESI Saunders Online Review <instant access>
9780323311106 List price: $89.00
The $100 deposit is non-refundable under any circumstances. Once a class has started, none of the fees are refundable.
Students can reschedule, with proper written documentation, and not lose their deposit or course fees.
Students are required to wear royal blue scrubs and closed toed shoes to all classes.
This course has been approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.
Click here for a paper application.